Hungry Jack’s Pty Ltd (Hungry Jack’s) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as well as other laws and codes.
At Hungry Jack’s we understand that privacy is important to our customers and we are committed to ensuring that any personal information about you that we hold is respected and protected at all times.
What we collect
Personal information is defined in the Act to mean any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The type of personal information that we collect depends on how you choose to interact with us. For example, we may collect the following kinds of personal information:
• contact details such as your name, date of birth, delivery address, postcode, gender, email and phone number;
• information about your experience with Hungry Jack’s, including your use of our products and services, for example from general feedback and feedback in relation to your order;
• if you permit us access when using the Hungry Jack's App, your geolocation data;
• if you choose to provide them when using the Hungry Jack's websites and App, your credit card details;
• information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
• complaint details.
Hungry Jack’s may also collect sensitive information about you (for example information about your health or any disability). However, we only do so with your consent and/or as authorised by law.
Why we collect
Hungry Jack’s collects personal information for various purposes that enable us to provide our customers with products and services and improve their Hungry Jack’s experience. The primary purpose of collecting personal information includes to enable us to:
• identify and communicate with our customers;
• market our products and services (for example through special offers, competitions, promotions and special events), including by contacting you via text message, in-app notifications, email or phone;
• offer various benefits to customers via the Hungry Jack's App and website, such as the ability to pre-order meals in-store or deliver to your address, locate nearby restaurants, store meal preferences, delivery address and payment details for future convenience, receive benefits on birthdays, and receive targeted vouchers;
• respond to customer enquiries;
• improve our services through regular feedback from our customers; and
• provide customer support.
You may, in some circumstances, have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with Hungry Jack's. If we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services that you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves at Hungry Jack’s.
How we collect
The way in which we collect personal information and the sources from which we collect such information depends on how you choose to interact with us. For example, we may collect personal information from or through:
• you placing an order at our restaurants or for delivery;
• you or someone in your family giving us feedback or making a complaint;
• your participation in special offers, competitions, promotions, draws and special events;
• your use of our website, mobile website and App;
• your use of our social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter;
• your use of Wi-Fi at our restaurants;
• online and telephone transactions;
• credit card digital wallet purchases; and
• third parties.
Hungry Jack's may make a record of your visit to our website and log your visit for statistical and business purposes. Such information includes your server address, domain name, IP address, the date and time of your visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, previous sites visited and the type of browser used.
How we protect personal information
Hungry Jack’s stores personal information in a number of different formats, including software programs (located both onsite and offsite, including in the Cloud), databases, filing systems and in offsite backup storage. Hungry Jack’s is committed to maintaining the safety and security of your personal information and has measures in place so that this can be achieved. These measures include:
• credit card information is tokenized/encrypted with a reputable international payment services provider;
• ensuring that personal information stored in hard copy form is kept under locked security whenever practicable; and
• ensuring that personal information stored in electronic form is password protected and encrypted whenever practicable, and where stored in the Cloud, is stored on servers within Australia and overseas.
How we use and disclose personal information
Hungry Jack’s will only use your personal information as permitted by law. This means that we will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected (such as those referred to above) or for a purpose related, or in the case of sensitive information directly related, to that purpose.
Hungry Jack’s may disclose your personal information to other entities as permitted by law. These include our related bodies corporate, franchisees, agents and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as our marketing and delivery partners.
Where Hungry Jack's collects your personal information via its websites or App, some personal information may be disclosed to third party analytics companies, including Google and Braze, and, where you log into the websites or App through your Facebook account, to Facebook. The information accessed by such third party entities does not include credit card details. Information in connection with your dealings with Hungry Jack's and your use of Hungry Jack's websites or App may be disclosed overseas, including but not limited to the United States, United Kingdom, Canada[SA1] , New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Serbia, the Netherlands and the Philippines.
Hungry Jack’s does not use any Government related identifiers (such as your driver licence number) as our own identifier for you. However, we may ask you for one of these identifiers so that we can confirm your identity when you deal with us.
As stated above, one of the primary purposes for which we collect personal information is to contact you via electronic message, mail or telephone about special vouchers or related offers and deals about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. To this end, Hungry Jack’s may use and disclose personal information (other than sensitive information) for the purpose of direct marketing, or facilitating direct marketing. However, we only do so as permitted by law and in circumstances where:
• you have an ongoing relationship with Hungry Jack's for example, through your use of the App or you have consented to such use or disclosure, or the circumstances are such that it is impracticable to obtain such consent; and
• you are given an opportunity to request not to receive direct marketing communications from us, or our marketing partners, and have not made such a request.
If at any time you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us you can let us know by contacting us on the details provided below. In relation to any communications received in connection with the Hungry Jack's websites or App, you are able to change the settings through the My Account section and with respect to any other electronic messages you may receive you have the option of "opting-out" of further communications by using the unsubscribe facility that is included in any electronic message.
Accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information
You may access your personal information, request that your personal information be updated, corrected or deleted. You can do this by contacting us on the details provided below and we will endeavour to respond to your request within 30 days. In relation to any personal information collected via the Hungry Jack's websites and App, there are also ways to access and correct certain personal information through the My Account section.
You will not be charged a fee for making a request to access your personal information. However, fees and charges may apply for providing the requested information.
There are certain circumstances in which we may be unable to provide you with access to your personal information. For example where:
• providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
• providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
• providing access would be unlawful;
• denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; and
• the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
Where access to your personal information is refused, Hungry Jack’s will nevertheless provide you with written reasons for the refusal. In those circumstances, we may instead provide you with a summary of your personal information.
You may also request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from/about you. However, we may retain personal information as authorized under applicable law, such as personal information required as necessary to provide our services, protect our business and systems from fraudulent activity, to debug and identify errors that impair existing functionality, as necessary for us, or others.
If you would like to request access to, correction or deletion of your personal information, or would like more information about how Hungry Jack’s manages your personal information, please contact or write to:
Customer Support - 1300 852 326
Hungry Jack’s, Level 6, 100 William Street, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011, Australia
We will endeavour to deal with your complaint as soon as is reasonably practicable.
You can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the steps listed on the website: www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Privacy Collection Notice
Hungry Jack's Pty Limited (Hungry Jack's or We) may collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information including, but not limited to, contact details such as your name, delivery address, email and phone number, as well as identification details. We collect personal information in order to provide you with your products and services and improve your Hungry Jack's experience. We may also use your personal information to market our products and services (for example through competitions and promotions), offer various benefits to customers through the Hungry Jack's App and Website, improve our services through regular customer feedback and provide customer support. Accordingly, if you do not provide your relevant personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services, or at least provide you with the high standards that are expected of Hungry Jack's.
We collect your personal information both directly from you and from third parties. Collection may occur when you use our products or services such as our Website, mobile website and App, use our social media pages or place an order at one of our restaurants or for delivery. The type of personal information we will collect will ultimately depend on how you choose to interact with us (for example, we make collect your geo-location data if you use the Hungry Jack's App). We will only collect sensitive information (for example information about your health) with your consent and/or as authorised by law.
We will use and disclose your personal information as permitted by law. This may include disclosing your personal information to other entities such as our related bodies corporates, franchisees, agents and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as our marketing partners. Information in connection with your dealings with Hungry Jack's and your use of Hungry Jack's websites or App may be disclosed overseas, including but not limited to the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Serbia, the Netherlands and the Philippines.
Last Updated: February 2020